sledge
Topic Author

pimp my Gameflow-Logo

Fri 14 Jul, 2017 1:38 am

Somehow i got fun to pimp up the Gameflow-Logo. In my opinion the current logo looks well. But i think we could make it a bit more cool :-). This is only doable if xeleh would agree, if it makes sense for him. Here is an example that could be used for the header inside the Gameflow-website:

GameFlow_Logo.jpg
GameFlow_Logo.jpg (90.44 KiB) Viewed 646 times

(i´ve constructed it with a CAD prog, rendered with vray)

What do you think about it, xeleh ?
weekend coder

xeleh

Re: pimp my Gameflow-Logo

Sat 15 Jul, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi! I think the logo is nice, but I am not sure about that red button... are we starting the 3rd world war??!! XD

Nah, seriously, it is true that I really need a good 3D image of the logo for the landing page (and for those t-shirts I promised...), so please go ahead with your redesign ideas and post some more images. I am very difficult to convince in terms of design, but it is not an impossible mission neither! ;D

Thanks so much!

sledge
Topic Author

Sun 16 Jul, 2017 1:23 am

Don´t press the "red"-Button :D . We can change the colors....pheew ;-)
I was orienting myself by the main company logo (evasion games), which has red, white & black as colors.
Do you know which fonts you used for the actual Typo of "Gameflow" and "Evasiongames" ? So i can pick them somewhere and do some experiments. Maybe i would also try some other fonts. I will see. What i like is, that the actual logo works pretty well with Black / White conditions. So i think we can try to colorize the logo a bit, to make the look more fresh, fancy, etc. 

Ah...and let me know, when the T-shirts are ready to order !
weekend coder

xeleh

Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:32 pm

Long story, but I don't really need that the GameFlow and Evasion Games logos have nothing in common. Regarding colours I like black and white, but I am open to consider new ideas and suggestions.

I don't know the font, sorry... I have some psd files but the related layers are not text type but bitmaps. I will ask the original designer this week. And about the T-shirts, don't worry, I will open a topic on it after v1.0 to decide the design and to know how many of them to order. Anyone else interested?

sledge
Topic Author

Tue 18 Jul, 2017 1:30 am

Okay. Thats a plan. :-)

Nevermind. I find always new ways to do my design. I think in the next few days i will have some more time to
do new Logo-Pics and fonts. Some 3D perspective Pictures (for Pages and Shirts maybe), and some 2D orthogonal Pictures (flat-design, for PDF & Print).
weekend coder

sledge
Topic Author

Tue 18 Jul, 2017 10:13 pm

Okay, next one. Here are some variations of the pure Logo. I just throw any possible combination. With this 1st result we have a basis for a conversation (Shape, color, combination, etc) :
GameFlow_Logo_v1.jpg
GameFlow_Logo_v1.jpg (120.54 KiB) Viewed 579 times
weekend coder

xeleh

Wed 19 Jul, 2017 4:24 am

I like the 1st one on the 2nd row, but can we rotate it like 15º clockwise?

troll.png
troll.png (7.05 KiB) Viewed 573 times

sledge
Topic Author

Wed 19 Jul, 2017 4:01 pm

Are you serious ? :D . As you can see its also one of my favourites. ;-) (my favs are in the rectangular shape)
1st phase was to see its shape, if it can be reduced, and so on. 2nd step was checking some color combinations. In my opinion, if every element (arrows, circle, cogwheel, etc) gets its own color, it is too much. So one, max two colors (not too different colors) makes it look quite nice. Thats the blue one in the 2nd row. For the reduced shape i like the 1st one in the 3rd row. 

The base form should intend a plugin functionality (negative / positive nipples), i think. So we have a cogwheel that represents gamemechanics. Arrows that represents "Flows" or force vectors. And these 4x plugin-out sides which represents circuits. All this is doable with gameflow, therefore such a logo. For my taste i would like to have less elements in a logo. F.e. It could be the strongest feature that gameflow has, what a logo can represent. I am not that satisfied yet, so i will try to make some other logo experiments. Next step would be doing some combinations with the logo & the typo which can contain different fonts.

Yes, we can. We can turn it in 15° degree clockwise. The original logo has also 15° or ? 
weekend coder

xeleh

Wed 19 Jul, 2017 9:47 pm

Yes, with 15º we would get just the original logo... so I was just kidding, obviously :P

The problem of reducing elements is that a logo with only a cogwheel and arrows is just too common. You will find a lot of these "standard tool logos" across the Asset Store. I think the current logo has the right amount of elements to differentiate it enough and also, as you pointed out, all those elements have a meaning.

That said, sincerely I can't say that I am "in love" with any of these variations, but I have to admit that the current B/W logo works even better without the 15º rotation. Whether a small change like that is enough or not for a complete replacement of the logo... that's another question.

sledge
Topic Author

Thu 20 Jul, 2017 1:17 am

Sure...i got it. Kidding around is welcome :-)

The current logo has its originality. I was just thinking about some other forms if they could fit into the scheme of GF. I will try it later on. Now i would like to combine it with some typo. So you mean in your eyes the cross-aligned-logo works better for you as the x-aligned-logo, or otherwise ?

A complete different logo would be interesting to try out. But i think it is a too strong change. Because your logo was used since the Unity 4.x versions. Nevertheless we can think about it, and do some "it could be" concepts.
weekend coder

sledge
Topic Author

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:55 pm

Some variations, more typo based:
GameFlow_Logo_v2.jpg
GameFlow_Logo_v2.jpg (95.77 KiB) Viewed 524 times
weekend coder

xeleh

Tue 25 Jul, 2017 6:01 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to create these variations. As I told you, I am very difficult to convince in terms of design and most specially when I see no clear benefit in changing something. In other words, while some of these proposals are cool, they are not improving the current logo + typo enough (in my opinion) to justify a change.

I am very good at frustrating graphic designers (not joking) and I don't want you to join the list of "casualties", so please feel free to stop the redesign at this point. If you still want to help, it is probably "fan art" (like your first 3d image) with the current logo what I would need most because I always need new images for announcements on twitter, facebook, etc.

Again, thanks so much and... you already have a free T-shirt! ;)

sledge
Topic Author

Tue 25 Jul, 2017 12:06 pm

Man, you make me cry. I wasn´t prepared :D . 

It isn´t finished yet. We declared to stay with the origin logo, so in the next step i was just playing with the combination within the typography. Because i don´t have the original font, i picked some that are close to the origin one and some very different, to get some impressions we can talk about. Nevertheless i accepted the challenge, and i lost. 

I am not sure if you have the source data of your logo? I mean in vectors. If you want i can send you svg, ai & the 3D data. With these files you and others are able to print raw graphics onto T-Shirts for instance. Its allways good to have the source data close by you. 

I fully understand your decision. It isn´t an easy task, and a logo dev. could take some weeks, month. So i will stop the further developing, as you mention it. You can keep focus on your improvements to Gameflow. Also if you want i will render out some perspectives of your Logo in hi-res (i only do not have the origin font for it).

Hm, i did not really lost, because i will got a free T-shirt :-)
weekend coder

Tinsara

Thu 28 Sep, 2017 11:01 am

sledge wrote:
Somehow i got fun to pimp up the Gameflow-Logo. In my opinion the current logo looks well. But i think we could make it a bit more cool :-).
[table][tr][td]steroids for sale[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
This is only doable if xeleh would agree, if it makes sense for him. Here is an example that could be used for the header inside the Gameflow-website:

GameFlow_Logo.jpg

(i´ve constructed it with a CAD prog, rendered with vray)

What do you think about it, xeleh ?

Hi! I think the logo is nice